As part of the effort to track down the mysterious leak over the desk, I’ve decided to rebed the teak hand rails on the cabin roof.


The first step was to remove the little teak plugs.

The best way I found to do this, first drill a small screw in


Then yank it out with a pair of pliers and pick out any wood that’s left.



Once that was done I could unscrew the screws and remove the grabrail


The last step was to fill all the holes with marine-tex


Once that’s all dry, I’ll have to redrill the holes and rebed the railings. I am going to use butyl tape as apparently that’s the best options for bedding deck hardware.