Next up was to install the GPS. I decided to mount it on the pedestal so went and bought a bunch of fittings. After a short while of mucking about, I managed to get it installed. I then had to run the transducer cable all through the side of the cabin, and had to drill and extra hole. Then I ran that and the power cable up through the side of a lazerette and tested it. It works!
The last thing to do was to hook it up to my radio, so I can take advantage of the DSC features like localised weather warnings, and automatic distress calling. First, I have to get an MMSI number, but that’s another blog post.