Organisation

I’m in the middle of installing my spinnaker track, but took a break to do a couple of small tasks that have been bugging me for a while

First of all, I needed to declutter the decks – currently there is a ton of oars and poles lying there.

I looked at the prices for stanchion mounts (yikes) and decided to make my own using some scrap wood, a cheap U bolt and a plastic clip

wpid-wp-1439565714160.jpg

wpid-wp-1439565714721.jpg

wpid-wp-1439565714152.jpg

wpid-wp-1439565714675.jpg

I then did the same for one of the dock poles on the other side. It remains to be seen if I’ve installed them in a position where they won’t get snagged and ripped off by a jib sheet.

wpid-wp-1439565715138.jpg

For my landing net, and the other two poles I got some 3″ plastic conduit, sliced some slits in it using my dremel and used a hose clamp to attach them to the pulpit.

wpid-wp-1439565715130.jpg

wpid-wp-1439565715241.jpg

Next I decided to sort out my lines, which usually just lie in a pile on top of the companionway. I got some metal hangers from the dollar store, and attached them using more hose clamps

wpid-wp-1439565714138.jpg

wpid-wp-1439565714129.jpg

Organisation!

Lastly, I installed a small cleat for my furling line, as I’ve just been leaving it lying around while sailing – normally it takes around 5 minutes before it gets caught on something and tangled. This looks a lot neater.

wpid-wp-1439565714641.jpg

 

Lots of small steps, but further progression to getting a easily handled setup.

Matt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.