As of around ten minutes ago, I finished the final porthole. I am so relieved to finally finish this project, especially since it was really cold last night and have a porthole sized hole in the boat (as I had taken out the old one already) was NOT a great thing. I was very thankful for my hot water bottle but still, barf.
The last one I installed was weirdly enough the FIRST one I installed originally as a test, way back in the end of the summer. I managed to torque off the head of one of the screws at some point so switched it out for the other porthole, while I tried to figure out how to get the nub of metal out of the screwhole in the trim ring.
I ended up using my new drill press to drill a hole and then use a screw extractor
Worked pretty well!
HOORAY THAT’S FINALLY DONE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!