So after 5 days and around $100 of various epoxys, putty and fiberglassing, it’s still leaking.
And I got epoxy all in my beard 🙁
So I’ve decided to admit defeat and get hauled out again, ugh. I’m just going to replace the whole thing with a B117 transducer, which I ALMOST did the first time I was hauled out but didn’t for some reason.
I think the lesson here is to follow my first inclination and not waffle on things. Ugh. Live and learn.
I’m currently wondering if it’s worth me pulling down the mast while it’s out the water and rerigging, since this would save me having to haul out in 6 months like I was originally planning to. I’ll maybe get a few quotes first.