Engine Refresh Part 2 – Hoses and strainers

Next on the list was to replace most of the engine hose.

I didn’t have enough to do all of it, so I replaced the heat exchanger hose, the fuel hose and the raw water hose.

Since the heat exchange had now moved over the other side, I had to mount the hoses around the engine compartment. To do this I used zip ties and screwed in mouting plates that looked like this

wpid-wp-1408339247939.jpeg

You can see how the hose runs.

wpid-wp-1408339247011.jpeg

Once that was done it was time to look at the raw water strainer.

I had an old perko, extremely well made

wpid-wp-1408391910031.jpeg

However the strainer was missing (SOMEONE had chucked it out earlier not realising what it was). When I went to buy a new one I saw that it cost 120 bucks! What!!

I didn’t want to pay that, so I bought another strainer for 37 bucks, and mounted it.

wpid-wp-1408391909402.jpeg

It kind of blogs the engine door from shutting, so I have to move it back a tad, but apart from that, it works a treat!

 

Matt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *