Bow light install finished

I finally finished the bow light install.

A 1/2″ cobalt drill bit was really expensive and hard to find, so I took a gamble and went with a Black Oxide one. For the record, it worked perfectly and chewed a hole straight through the plate! I could then mount and wire up the bow nav light

wpid-wp-1426093699952.jpeg

wpid-wp-1426093700047.jpeg

 

It looks pretty sexy and modern, and will draw probably 1/5 of the amps of the old one, with  a 2NM radius! I didn’t bother wiring it up because it was getting dark and pretty cold AND drizzling so I retreated into my lair boat.

Also I need to get off my arse and clean/compound/polish/wax the topsides. Every time I take a photo now I cringe at the amount of visible algae. Still no idea how to clean the noskid. I may have to sand it off and reapply.

I also bought all my water filters since it’s time to change all of them. For all the 3 I needed it was almost $100. I’ll have to see if I can find a cheaper source, or if I can stretch out replacing them. I guess $10 a month isn’t bad though for ridiculously filtered water (the main tank goes through the 5 micron, the drinking water goes through that and then a 2 micron and then a 0.3 micron)

In other news I discovered that when I moved the website to the new domain I lost about half the pictures – but I didn’t notice for a while since WordPress was caching them. Whoops. And I deleted the old website yesterday. Double whoops.

Luckily I’d kept a backup, so was able to restore the image directory and manually copy the pictures across to the new website. Please let me know if you spot any broken links!

Matt

2 Comments

  1. Hey Matt,

    regarding the broken links – a couple of thumbnail images on the past blog pages are missing, and one or two of the big ones too. Doesn’t hurt the experience of your blog, though 😉

    Later, Ernest

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.